DEAR EX-BESTFRIEND

Dear ex-bestfriend,

     I know you'd be surprise to read from me as it's being a long time since we talked. It's been an emotional period since last night and I can't help but write to you. As much as I tried to accept that people leave your life for even no obvious reasons, I still can't help but tell you how much I miss you, as everything keeps reminding me of you. The nights are colder and the routes are scarier as you're not here to walk them with me. Our favourite TV programme has become boring, as now, it has no meaning without your stupid analysis of it. Even shawarma isn't as sweet cos you're not around anymore to beg from me.
      I remember I thought I was addicted to my mobile, only for me to realise it was you I was addicted to - how I couldn't control myself from texting you, teasing you and tagging you on different memes on the Internet. I miss those long night calls we had and how we discussed every little thing about everything. Our discussions from why the earth is the only place that we could live to every other stupid thing we said. Now, reality has happened and we've forgotten we ever planned anything. Those summer dreams, who is going to live them? Those unfinished charity works, who completes them? Now, all I do is wonder; wonder if you miss me like I miss you, wonder if you think about me like I do and wonder if anyone has replaced me, cos, not even the smallest things about you have I got a clue of.
       We prayed for long lives but even death would have been better than this as it would have just ended our lives and not what we had. But today, everything we had is gone and all we could have become would never happen.
         I know this note would do almost nothing as our dead relationship seems like one that can't be resurrected, but please, do me one last favour for the sake of the friendship that we had; keep this note well, as it is the only thing there is to show that you and I had something.   

                                         Your ex-bestfriend.

Afolabi Koyum Kolade.
KK Awesome.

No comments: