DO YOU REMEMBER? ( A love duet )


POET 1
Do you remember the first day we met?
And the things we said?
No, it wasn't love at first sight to me
And I never thought I'd see you again.

POET 2
I remember the first day we met
Your eyes glowing with the smile you let
Yes, it was love at first sight for me
For in that moment, I knew it was meant to be.

POET 1
Do you remember the first day we kissed?
We marked the beginning of us with it
No, I  never planned to be so in love
But at the end, I just couldn't help it.

POET 2
I remember that night under the stars
When we felt like the universe was ours
Yes, we were so in love
But, I was terrified of the perfection I've always been deprived of.

POET 1
Do you remember the day you left me?
And I begged you to stay
No, I never saw it coming
But it happened and I felt like dying.

POET 2
I remember the day I left
For I lost myself and I was so obsessed
Yes, you thought it was a 'get out of my life' cue
But, I needed to explore who I was without you.

POET 1
Do you remember all the times I came back to you?
That I begged to be taken back
"No" was what you always said
And I had no choice but to let you be.

POET 2
I remember you begged to have me back
And how every time, I wanted to crack
Yes, I tried to slow my heartbeat so we could rhyme
That's when I knew I needed more time.

POET 1
Now that you've come back to me
Do you remember what I told you?
That I'd always take you if you came back?
No, I'm sorry, I can't do that
Cos our story has never gone as planned.

POET 2
Now, I come back to plead to you
Cos independent me still needs you, boo
It was just a trance
Give me one last chance
So our story could finally go as planned.

Poet 1 : KK Awesome
Poet 2 : Eniola Lateef

No comments: