HOPE FOUNDATION HEALTH WALK.

I read this, and I wouldn't want you to miss it. Please Read below! 😲😲

My encounter with Kikelomo was rather something I would call fate, because fate is only what can use another to awaken you, someone you haven't talked to before for that matter.

Kikelomo is the most popular girl in my class, not only because of her looks, her brain is also as good as her look. Our school is one where rumours travels faster than the speed of sound, if the speed of light wouldn't be too exaggerating, it was from  these rumours that I learnt kikelomo is also the one and only child of her single mother. I also learnt she is studying Physics on a government sponsored scholarship. I didn't took much interest in kikelomo because I have a lot to do too, being a Direct Entry Students, even if the 24 hours in a day was increased to 30 hours, I would still be very busy.

There was something rather unique about Kike that drawn my attention, SHE *SWEATS* A LOT!  'A lot' is even an understatement in Kike's case. But her condition is not noticeable because she *always* carried a medium sized towel with her.

Being a new student in the school, I'm also new in the area I stay. Seun was my only friend in the area, so he was the only one I can shower my visits on, His hostel was just a 10 mins drive from my house. It was during my visit to Seun that I discovered Kike also stayed in the compound next to Seun's, In fact, kike's roommate is Seun's cousin.

Seun and his cousin were just about to eat lunch when I arrived, so I was invited to join in. After the delicious meal, I stylishly brought up kike's matter, and I learnt from her roommate that she is behaving somehow suspicious recently. Complaining of fever constantly and periodically, a daily malaise, and random itching. We were still in the middle of our discussion when Suddenly, we heard a scream seeming to emanate from the next compound. We rushed out to see what the cause of scream was, but to my surprise, right before my eyes, Kike was being rushed into a car, unconscious and dry. A witness told us she collapsed suddenly while cooking in the kitchen. Oh! I stood right there on the same spot, shivering. A stream of lightening and electric shock gushing through my veins, the sight of the unconscious Kikelomo kept reappearing in my mind. I couldn't sleep throughout that night, so many thoughts were racing through my minds simultaneously, the thoughts of the news to expect tomorrow. Questions were triggered, not by me, but my unbalanced mind. Is Kike alright? Did she survived? Is she dead? Oh!

I didn't bother going to school the next day. I visited Kikelomo in the hospital where she was admitted. Luckily, she was still alive, although laying on the hospital bed like a mother after childbirth. She managed to say 'hi' to me and I asked about how she's feeling. That was the first time we talked, despite the sluggishness in voice, it was appealing to my hears and at the same time screaming for help. Her mum was right there at one corner of the cozy hospital room, crying soberly, soliloquizing about the condition of her daughter. It was from Iya kike's soliloquy that I discovered Kike was suffering an acute leaukemia, a cancer of the blood cell, and the treatment would cost over 6 million Naira. My new discovery really worsen my own condition too. I felt pity for Kike, who now appeared different to me, in the sense that she's currently fighting an internal battle against death. Kike was pronounced dead a few days later. kike's death came as shock to us all because it was made known that she developed leukemia not long ago, when her Heavy sweating started. It was really painful because None of us knew she had a very common cancer which statistics has shown that only *1 out 20* Nigerians survives the cancer. Don't blame us yet because *Kike didn't know* too. Her death report showed that she could have been cured if her illness had been discovered early.

She was our classmate, our friend, our Scholar, our tutor, our sister, yet what did we do? Instead of taking her sweating case seriously, we only gossiped about it. Instead of telling her parents, guardian, or concerned people about her case, we chose to tell ourselves. No one is to be blamed because we didn't know too.

kike's death gave me the awakening I needed, the message I was asked to deliver, My Cause. I was able to start a small awareness club against Leukemia and other cancerous diseases. To tell people about the signs and symptoms of Leukemia, it's prevention, cure and treatment. There are more people like Kike in our society, and I'm not stopping unless I won the battle against the silent killers.

Are you ready to know?
About the silent killer that is killing our people?
Leukemia can be treated and cured!
But isn't prevention better than cure? Leukemia can be prevented too!*By following a simple prevention methods and avoiding the Risk factors. It is diagnosable but rarely discoverable by non experts.

Hope Foundation is bringing a sensitization walk right to Tanke.

The Healthwalk : A sensitization walk on Leukemia and Cardiovascular disease

Date: October 7, 2017
Time: 8am
Venue: GT Bank, tanke junction, to Oke Odo, Tanke.

Let's come together and take a peaceful Walk against the silent Killers!

Proudly Supported by:
Brainy Concepts

To volunteer for the walk, you can call 08178500932 or text your name to the number.

No comments: