ALL I EVER WANTED.

I wanted to be rich, but in a clean way
They told me I couldn't, except I cheated
I wasn't too smart to cheat
So, I lost hope
There was no way I could be rich

I wanted to be famous and be well known
All they could tell me was the bad side
Famous people don't live the free life
But I wanted to be free...

I wanted to worship God
And live a holy life
They brought out worldly materials
Which distracted me
And I forgot about worship

I wanted to go to school
But then I was told it isn't for the weak
That I wasn't strong enough
To face all the challenges
And thenI forgot about education

I wanted to be brave
Brave and fearless
But they planted fear in me
I couldn't be brave
And I lived with fear

I wanted to inspire people
I knew I had to create myself first
Then they told me
I had to be someone else
So as to accomplish my mission
I didn't succeed in becoming anyone else
And so didn't I succeed in inspiring anyone

I wanted to count my achievements
There was no single one to count
And then they told me it happens
I believed them
And saw it as normal

I chose to act alone
And do things myself
Then I did all I wanted to
Without no one to change my mind
I then realise what the problem was
It was my inability to act before sharing
It almost destroyed me

Here I am today
Rich and famous
Free and holy
Learned with degrees
Brave and fearless
Inspiration to thousands
And an achiever of many...

Koyum Kolade Afolabi [KK Awesome]

9th December, 2015

No comments: